You are here
Women's Health in Women's Hands is a Community Health Centre providing primary health care to Black Women and Women of Colour from the Caribbean, African, Latin American and South Asian communities in Metropolitan Toronto and surrounding municipalities. We are committed to working from an inclusive feminist, pro-choice, anti-racist, anti-oppression and multilingual participatory framework.
The Centre offers the following opportunity for a professional, motivated and dynamic individual to join the team.
Reporting to the Director of Research and Programs, you will share your administration skills and expertise to ensure that the research team’s administrative systems and infrastructure effectively support the Centre’s mission and vision. Your key areas of responsibility include office and facility support, programs, communications and research support.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Providing administrative support to the Director of Research and Programs which includes but is not limited to photocopying, minute taking, memo/documentation creation, committee support and maintaining an effective filing system;
- Ensure the timely processing of invoices and requisitions and the maintaining of program budgets and financial records.
- Provide support in preparing funder reports and grant applications
- Assisting with all aspects of the reception desk including assisting clients, mail processing and distribution, courier processing, schedule boardroom bookings, ensure rooms and AV equipment is set up accordingly
- Manage and maintain effective partner databases and project inventory systems;
- Manage the research website and social media ensuring that data is updated as directed;
- Liaise with the appropriate parties on office general maintenance, order program supplies, stationery and office equipment as directed;
- Assist in coordinating arrangements for events, travel, meetings and training sessions, distributing supporting documents when necessary and as directed
- Collaborate with the Administrative team and Medical Secretaries to ensure smooth operations of the health center especially during peak periods;
- Other duties as assigned.
- You bring to this role a University degree or college diploma in Business Administration or applicable sciences with two to five years of office experience, preferably in a healthcare and or research environment.
- You must be proficient in MS Office applications i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- You are able to plan, organize and prioritize workload and able to work in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision and take initiative.
- Knowledge of desktop publishing and/or a creative aptitude is an asset.
- Knowledge of racialized women’s health and issues is an asset.
- Knowledge of languages other than English is an asset.
Women’s Health In Women’s Hands offers a competitive salary and benefits, along with a multidisciplinary team environment where work-life balance is valued and practiced.
How to Apply
To apply for this challenging opportunity in a dynamic organization please forward your resume and cover letter with subject line: “Administrative Assistant” to the attention of:
Human Resources Department
Women’s Health in Women’s Hands Community Health Centre
2 Carlton St. Suite 500
firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 647-724-3451
Closing Date: January 18th, 2019
Please send a single file in MS Word or PDF format only.
WHIWH is committed to reflecting the diversity of the communities it serves and we strongly encourage applicants who reflect Toronto’s ethnic and cultural diversity and our priority populations. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified candidates
Accommodation will be provided on request
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.