Full-Time, Fixed-Term Employee One Year Contract
Reporting to IPHCC’s Chief Executive Officer, the Administrative Assistant will provide senior administrative and coordination support to the Indigenous Primary Health Care Council (IPHCC) senior leadership and related Committees. In addition, this role will also support the IPHCC Lead in the response to COVID-19.
- Senior Leadership Team Support: calendar management, travel and meeting arrangements, fields calls/ emails, prepares minutes and a range of materials, maintains filing, proof reads, formats documents, process expense reports, monitors project budgets, provides administrative and coordination support to related Committees.
- COVID-19 Response: supports the IPHCC Lead with coordination in response to COVID-19 activities.
- Meeting Coordination and Project Support: assists with various IPHCC meetings, projects and events as needed.
- Administrative Support: provides general administrative support that include but is not limited to financial administration, contract administration, or back up reception/ administrative duties.
- Post-secondary education in office administration or a related discipline desirable or completion of high school diploma with several years of work-related experience.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience providing senior administrative support to an Executive Leader and a diverse and fast paced team.
- Proven experience working within Indigenous communities.
- Must have a working knowledge of Indigenous cultures and communities across Ontario.
- Understanding of the impacts of colonization and residential schools and current community priorities for reconciliation and change.
- Previous experience in a health or health promotion environment preferred.
- Ability to speak an Indigenous language is considered an asset.
IPHCC offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package, including pension with HOOPP. Salary is commensurate on qualifications, experience and is set within the IPHCC’s established salary grid and policy guidelines.
How to Apply
April 28, 2021 at 10:00am
Please e-mail your cover letter and resume in confidence to: email@example.com
Please have “Administrative Assistant” in the subject line of your email.
IPHCC is an equal opportunity employer. Indigenous applicants that self-identify in their cover letter as First Nations, Inuit or Métis will be prioritized for this role.