You are here
Administrative Assistant, Community Health and Quality / Keele-Rogers Site
(Full time, permanent – 35 hours per week)
$45,450 to $53,845 per annum plus benefits - commensurate on experience and education
Unison Health and Community Services is a non-profit, community-based organization that serves neighbourhoods in North West Toronto. Operating out of five locations, Unison offers core services that include primary health care, counselling, health promotion, Early Years programs, legal services, harm reduction programs, housing assistance, adult protective services, Pathways to Education and Diabetes Education Program. Unison’s mission is working together to deliver accessible and high quality health and community services that are integrated, respond to needs, build on strengths and inspire change.
Unison is committed to working from an inclusive, pro-choice, sex positive, harm reduction, anti-racist, anti-oppression and participatory framework.
At this time, Unison is seeking an Administrative Assistant. Reporting to the Senior Director, Community Health and Quality, the Administrative Assistant provides secretarial and administrative support to the Senior Director; the Manager, Housing Services and Harm Reduction Programs and to the Manager, Urban Health Programs.
Job- Specific Responsibilities
- Assists the Senior Director by making necessary arrangements for meetings, booking meeting spaces and staff schedules, preparing agendas and information packages, and coordinating the Senior Director’s schedule.
- Provides support for meeting logistics, including: booking space and equipment, arranging furniture, setting up a-v equipment, and ordering refreshments.
- Assists with the preparation of business presentations and communications, such as program calendars, reports, proposals, minutes and other related documents.
- Maintains an efficient and organized office area, including orderly electronic filing systems.
- Coordinates the ordering and tracking of supplies for programs and teams, which may include: TTC tickets, office supplies, meeting refreshments, or other program resources.
- Maintains internal and external program contact lists and facilitates communications when required.
- Maintains staff schedules and coordinates time sheets.
- Compiles and produces data reports.
- 9.Coordinates financial matters for teams including: processing non-insured bills, submitting receipts and expense claims to designated manager, maintaining petty cash.
- Assists in the coordination of initiatives and events, as required.
- Acts as a resource to other Unison administrative staff.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively independently and as a member of a multi-disciplinary team. Effective communication, interpersonal, organizational and administrative skills, including computer literacy skills specific to job requirements.
- Effective communication, interpersonal, organizational and administrative skills, including computer literacy skills specific to job requirements.
- Ability to work within a community-based context, with a culturally diverse community.
- Knowledge of issues affecting communities facing barriers to access in an urban environment.
- 3-5 years experience in a community-based setting.
Job – Specific Qualifications
- A minimum of 5 years experience working in a senior administrative position.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, tact and diplomacy.
- Able to exercise independent judgment and discretion in dealing with confidential matters and management/staff.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills in combination with the ability to multi-task and perform duties under minimal supervision.
- Self-directed and organized with the ability to manage time with overlapping priorities and multiple areas of responsibility.
- Highly advanced computer literacy (word processing, Internet research, spreadsheet and desktop publishing applications in a Windows environment, including MS Office).
- Commitment to working cooperatively in a community-based setting as part of a multi-disciplinary team of staff, students and volunteers.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are asked to email a résumé with covering letter by 9:00 a.m. February 12, 2018 to:
Hiring Committee, Administrative Assistant CHQ
Unison Health and Community Services
Please cite UN_2018_003 in the subject line of the email.
We welcome applications from people who are reflective of the diverse communities we serve, including those who might need accommodation.
Where needed, accommodations for applicants with disabilities will be provided on request, to support their participation in all aspects of the recruitment process.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interview will be contacted.