You are here
Administration - Program
ADMINISTRATION - PROGRAM
CASUAL, CONTRACT POSITION
8 MONTH CONTRACT
(WITH POSSIBILITY OF EXTENSION)
HOURLY RATE: $17.71
The South Riverdale Community Health Centre (SRCHC) is a non-profit, multiservice Centre that provides primary health care, social and community outreach services with an emphasis on health promotion to residents of Riverdale and South East Toronto.
The Centre’s Choose Health is a regional service that is funded by the Toronto Central LHIN. The goals of Choose Health program are to provide peer-led evidence-based self-management education to individuals living with chronic health conditions and their care-givers. We also offer training for health care providers to assist individuals who are self-managing various long term health conditions.
The Administrative Assistant works in collaboration with the Regional Manager – Chronic Disease and the Program Assistant in providing administrative support for the successful delivery of the health education programs across the TC LHIN region. This may involve booking clients, file management, data entry, outreach, program material and supply preparation. This position requires providing service to a range of clients, including marginalized populations.
- Coordinates activity of volunteers in consultation with the Manager and maintains volunteer records and certifications
- Assist with Choose Health special events, outreach and/or educational opportunities as required
- Attend relevant training as requested
- Routinely compile and enter data as per program directives and organizational requirements
- Complete documentation as required
- Participate as a team member in program planning, implementation, and evaluation
- Review and adhere to all organizational and program policies and procedures
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Minimum College Diploma achieved or completion of a 3-year degree program in health sciences preferred
- Committed to promoting and supporting health in your community
- Awareness of and sensitivity to the health issues of a diverse community and marginalized populations
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, organized, a self-starter
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency in the use of computer technology and various software applications (MS Office)
- Ability to assist people in a mature, friendly and helpful manner
A police clearance letter completed within the past twelve (12) months will be required prior to commencing employment.
How to Apply
The deadline for applicants is Friday, July 27, 2018, at 5:00 p.m.
Please send your cover letter and resume in confidence to:
The Hiring Committee
Administration - Program
South Riverdale Community Health Centre
955 Queen Street East
Toronto, ON M4M 3P3
No emails, faxes, phone calls, or requests to meet please.
SRCHC welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
SRCHC is an equal opportunity employer. We would like to thank all those that apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
SRCHC encourages a scent-free environment. Employees, students, volunteers, and visitors are asked to refrain from wearing fragrances and other scented personal care products (i.e. perfumes, deodorants, lotions, hairspray, etc.) while at the Centre.