Supporting Caregivers Supports Patients – The Critical Role of Primary Care in Preventing Caregiver Burnout
There are 4 million caregivers across Ontario, providing an estimated 75% of the care to family members, partners, friends, or neighbours. Caregiver well-being has an impact on patient health outcomes – well-supported caregivers are more likely to provide better care. Primary care providers can play a key role in preventing burnout and enhancing caregiver well-being by initiating early interventions and connecting caregivers to support.
Co-hosted by The Ontario Caregiver Organization and the Primary Care Collaborative, this webinar will include insights from a caregiver with lived experience, as well as examples of primary care initiatives across Ontario that are connecting caregivers to support.
Participants will learn to:
- Identify the caregiver role as it relates to patient care and health outcomes
- Describe the impact of caregiving on caregiver well-being and capacity to continue in their role
- Identify barriers to addressing caregiver burnout and apply strategies to mitigate those barriers
- Use practical tools and action steps to support caregivers and prevent burnout
- Recall programs and services that are available for all caregivers across Ontario offered by The Ontario Caregiver Organization.
Please note that this presentation is available in English only. Pour de l’information sur programmes et services en français, visitez www.ontariocaregiver.ca/fr ou communiquez avec eux par courriel à email@example.com.
For any difficulty with registration or any other questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-888-877-1626 X 1011.