Lunch ‘n’ Learn: Health Promotion in Community Primary Health Care
What is health promotion, and how does it contribute to community-based primary health care?
In many ways, health promotion is at the heart of what Alliance members do. It builds and strengthens community connections, equips people with the knowledge and tools they need to make healthy choices, and breaks down barriers that put marginalized people at risk for poor health outcomes.
Join us for a special lunch ‘n’ learn webinar on September 29 to learn more about what health promotion looks like in practice and how it contributes to making our model of primary healthcare unique and effective.
We will explore:
- What health promotion is and how it contributes to primary health care.
- The vital role health promotion has played in our sector’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic
- How health promotion can help your organization achieve its goals for better community and population health.
The webinar will consist of a short “Health Promotion 101” lesson, some participatory health-promotion activities, a snapshot of health promotion during the pandemic, and a panel discussion about how health promotion can help your team, your clients, and your community. These will be followed by time for questions and discussion.
Watch this space for more to come.
- Natasha Beaudin, Health Promoter, Centretown CHC
- Hilary Rose, Health Promoter, Carlington CHC
- Susan Kuruvilla, Health Promoter, Pinecrest-Queensway CHC
- Linda Rodgers, Community Health Worker, Seaway Valley CHC
- Jacob Taillefer-May, Youth Team Lead, Wabano CHC
Registration is Open!
This webinar is free and open to anyone who is interested in learning more about the role of health promotion. It is presented by the Alliance for Healthier Communities in partnership with the Health Promotion Network of Eastern Ontario, which represents health promoters and others in health-promotion roles from all the CHCs in Eastern Ontario.
The webinar will be recorded, and the recording and slide deck will be made available to those who are unable to attend or wish to review or share it. Please register to ensure your name is on the mailing list.