Calling all volunteers – We need your help!
Volunteers are critical to the smooth operation of every conference, and next year is no exception. We anticipate approximately 600 delegates at the event and we are recruiting volunteers to support the following:
- pre-event logistics
- registration clerks
- conference guides
- audio-visual runners
- event and evaluation runners
- exhibit support
- general conference support
We are looking to all member centres for help next year, not just from the local area, but from all parts of the province. We also welcome volunteers who are not affiliated with an Alliance or CACHC member centre. Ideally, we would like a pool of 40 volunteers, including several who speak both French and English.
Participating in the annual conference can be a fun, enriching and educational experience. Here are some quotes from previous conference volunteers:
- This is such a great opportunity to meet with staff from other CHCs and get to know them and how they work in their own Centres.
- I felt so good to be able to meet some of the keynote speakers and help them to register and feel comfortable at this conference.
- Thanks for this opportunity. The experience has been amazing. I learned a lot in these three days, especially the importance of events like this and their effect to get all parties involved in working for the community.
- Your treatment of the new volunteers has really encouraged me to participate in more of these types of events. Hopefully, I’ll be volunteering for next year’s conference.
- My own organizational skills improved a lot during this experience.
Requirements: All volunteers are asked to attend a volunteer training session on Tuesday, June 11, 2019 from noon to 2:00 pm (lunch provided) at the conference venue, room to be determined. Volunteers are responsible for their own travel and accommodations. Breakfast and lunch will be provided to those working the morning and afternoon shifts on June 12 and 13, 2019.
Volunteer Appreciation: To show our appreciation, individuals who volunteer for at least two shifts will be eligible for one free day of attendance at the conference workshops and plenary sessions.