Online Training for Boards of Community-centred Primary Health Care Organizations
BUILD YOUR BOARD’S CAPACITY TO ADVANCE EQUITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION:
Anti-Racism, Anti-Oppression, Health Equity, Intersectionality
- Learn to better recognize the impact systems of power have on health outcomes, including quality of life, access to health care, and experiences of health care
- Learn from best practices on embedding and operationalizing equity frameworks for governance
IMPROVE YOUR COMMUNITY-CENTERED PRACTICES:
Community-Governed, Community Input, Meaningful Community Involvement
- Learn how to better utilize leading mechanisms to involve communities in decision-making and building membership from the communities you serve
- Learn from best practices to proactively identify community needs and trends, and applying this knowledge
- Inclusive Leadership Framework: Boards describe / recall / identify concepts related to inclusive leadership: diversity, cultural humility, intersectionality, allyship and equity.
- Board Membership and Authentic Engagement: Boards locate and select tools and resources to support and evaluate inclusive board recruitment & engagement practices.
- Board Governance Part One: Boards identify strategies for inclusive community engagement when strategic planning and decision-making processes.
- Board Governance Part Two: Boards identify inclusion strategies that they can use, through governance, to directly influence organizational practices.
OnBoard Canada’s learning management system, where Inclusive Leader in Governance training is currently hosted, will be under construction from October 31, 2019, till January 2020. During the transition period, the course will be unavailable. The training will relaunch on the new platform in February and will offer better and cheaper access for Alliance members.