Community Health and Wellbeing Week (CHWW) is an annual communications campaign coordinated by the Alliance for Healthier Communities. Every year during CHWW, members of the Alliance mount a wide range of communication activities and special events to bring attention to the issues that are important to them. The Week also provides an opportunity to highlight and celebrate the great work that Alliance members do to achieve the best possible health and wellbeing for everyone living in Ontario.
WHEN: October 4-10, 2021
THEME: Building Equitable Futures
- Black health strategy launches in September. Black health strategy fact sheet
- Digital Inclusion Week (*Oct. 4-8 in the U.S.) coincides with Community Health and Wellbeing Week (CHWW), we will want to use this opportunity to amplify our own messages.
- It is the first CHWW since the soft launch of the Community Health Equity Builders Program. We will encourage people to join and participate in the Week. Builders program details.
- “Bring Your MPP/MP/City Councillor to Work” Day
- Webinars/Panel discussions
- “COVID-19 Health Equity Builder” story cards
- Sharing our stories
SOCIAL MEDIA: Primary: #CHWW2021, #BuildingEquitableFutures, #HealthEquityBuilders Secondary: #HealthEquity #CommunityHealth #ONpoli #ONhealth
- Event in a box - English / French
- Webinar - Slides | Recording
- Social Media Banners (zip file)
- Posters (PDF)
- Zoom backgrounds (zip file)
- “COVID-19 Health Equity Builder” Questionnaire (English / French)
- “COVID-19 Health Equity Builder” Publisher Template (zip file)
- City Proclamation (English / French)
- MPP Invitation Template (English / French)
- Media Advisory Template (English / French)
- Press Release Template (English / French)
- Op-Ed Template (English / French)
- Media Relations Guide (English / French)
Tackling Stigma - The Unresolved Barrier to Achieving Good Health Webinar
Access Alliance Multicultural Health and Community Services and the Alliance for Healthier Communities invites you to join a panel discussion: Tackling Stigma – The Unresolved Barrier to Achieving Good Health.
Following the release of a report by Access Alliance, “Tackling TB Stigma”, we have brought together a panel of experts to highlight the role of stigma in creating barriers to support, care and better health and how we might reduce or eliminate stigma as a barrier.
We’ll hear from panelists working with varied populations and conditions including HIV, TB and women’s health. They will share and discuss the impact/effects of stigma on clients and communities, as well as strategies and practices that can address stigma. The goal of the event is to raise awareness and contribute to the conversation on stigma and ways it can be addressed at both agency and system levels. Register here: https://accessalliance.zoom.us/meeting/register/u5AtduCspj8jH9bE1tpc7KQT...
Hosted by: Access Alliance Multicultural Health and Community Services
Online Stress and Wellbeing Webinar
Join our virtual webinar that discusses health, stress management and wellbeing. Copy and paste the link into your web browser to attend. Link: https://bit.ly/3i7k2Yg
Hosted by: Health Zone NPLC
Community Fall Fair
We will be holding an outdoor community fall fair for the residents of Alan Rush and Southdale LMCH Housing Complexes. The fair is free to attend, and all activities are free for residents! Come and get some free food and hot apple cider, arts and crafts and games for the kids, an "ask a nurse" information booth, and free apples! The London Food Coalition will also be onsite. Bring your own containers to take home free veggie chili.
Location: Southdale Housing Complex Basketball Courts, London, Ontario
Low and Slow Meals Made Simple -Taste tasting event
Join us for this Free taste testing event where we share recipes and information on how to prepare low cost, healthy meals utilizing a slow cooker. Draws for free slow cookers and grocery cards. Everyone is welcome to attend this eventr to help celebrate Community Health and Wellbeing week! Covid safety protocols will be in place. Call Susan Bird or Miranda Burgess at 519-262-3140 for details.
Location: Hensall Health Centre Site, 122 King Street, Hensall, ON
Online Gratitude and Thankfulness Event
Join us online for a virtual gratitude and thankfulness event. Learn different gratitude techniques to help improve your well-being and mindset. The link for this event is: https://bit.ly/3oboTeN It can be copied and pasted into your web browser of choice.
Hosted by: Health Zone NPLC