Community Health and Wellbeing Week (CHWW) is an annual communications campaign coordinated by the Alliance for Healthier Communities. Every year during CHWW, members of the Alliance mount a wide range of communication activities and special events to bring attention to the issues that are important to them. The Week also provides an opportunity to highlight and celebrate the great work that Alliance members do to achieve the best possible health and wellbeing for everyone living in Ontario.
Dates: October 21-27, 2019
Theme: Connected Teams, Connected People, Connected Communities
- Federal election on October 21, 2019
- Health system restructuring in Ontario and creation of Ontario Health Teams
Goals of CHWW
- Highlight the important role Alliance members play in the health system transformation and Ontario Health Teams;
- Position Alliance members as leaders in building local connections and working closely with partners, clients and community members to develop local solutions to the issues their clients and communities face;
- Spotlight the many different ways Alliance members deliver comprehensive, people-centred, team-based primary health care services, contribute to a more integrated health system and build more connected, vibrant communities.
This year, we introduce theme days with each day of the week dedicated to a particular focus area. Theme days will help focus the messaging on each day, highlight different aspects of our work and demonstrate how these different aspects come together to advance the best possible health and wellbeing for everyone living in Ontario.
We encourage members to consider coordinating celebrations around the corresponding dates and focus days to showcase the innovative ways providing high-quality health care, improving health outcomes, and narrowing health disparities. However, the events do not have to coincide exactly with the focus of respective days – much like the CHWW theme, focus days are available to enhance your events and help provide structure. Coordinating local efforts around the themes of the focus days helps maximize the provincial impact of our message.
|Connected Society||Connected Teams||Connected System||Connected People||Connected Communities|
|Federal election||SCOPE/TeamCare||Celebrating partnerships||Health promotion and community programs||Building vibrant communities/Community development|
|Democratic engagement as a determinant of health||Ontario Health Teams||Social prescribing||Celebrating volunteers||Social belonging and inclusion|
|Interprofessional Primary Care Services||Community governance|
Event in a Box
- Social media banners
- Community Connector questionnaire - English / French
- MPP invitation template - English / French
- Press release template - English / French
- Media advisory template - English / French
- Media relations guide - English / French
- Submit your event listings for Community Health and Wellbeing Week. All events will be posted on our site.